I just have to add a little post here even though this blog is supposed to be Elder Anderson's letters home. When you are on the receiving end of another person's kindness it is hard to express your gratitude. Here is my attempt.
Tanner had only been in the CCM for a few days when I received a phone call. On the other end of the line was a man in the Dominican Republic saying he had met my son and just wanted to let me know he was doing fine. As I spoke with him I learned that he was in the DR for work and that whenever he meets missionaries, if possible, he likes to contact their families just to let them know how their missionaries are doing. We spoke for a few minutes and I thanked him for his kindness. That would have been enough and could have ended right there, I was floating with news of my son! Imagine my surprise when he called me back a few minutes later and said, "I forgot to tell you when I spoke with you a few minutes ago that my wife will be flying to the DR in a few days and I wanted to let you know that if you'd like to send a package to your son, my wife will be more than happy to take it with her and I'll deliver it to him."
I didn't know where this man was from but found out that the and his family only live about 20 minutes from us! I put a package together and delivered it to his wife and they then delivered it to Tanner.
I am so grateful for his kindness and thoughtfulness. I am amazed by his generosity and for taking the time to do something that might have been a little thing to him but was a huge thing for me. He even took the time to send me some pictures and to let me know that he had heard him teach a lesson in Spanish to a teacher in the cafeteria at the CCM and that he was doing just fine. One of the best things for a mom when you have a missionary serving somewhere in the world is to know that there are wonderful, kind people looking out for them. It makes my mother heart so happy to know they are being watched over as they are in the service of the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment