Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22, 2018 ~ Week 77

This week we once again had 5 people come to church, so that was awesome! The problem is, we postponed Daniel´s baptism because honestly, this mission is a big baptizing mission, but sometimes I feel like that's a bad thing. Because we baptize a lot, but the retention rate is so small. So I've made it my goal to only baptize people that are very prepared and not just baptizing someone because they´re willing to be baptized. So for Daniel, we told him that if he came to church 3 times on his own, then we would baptize him. Because he's been coming to church for a little over a month, but we have always gone to pick him up in the morning. So we figured he needed to learn some self-sufficiency and needed to be able to go on his own, but he didn't end up coming. 

The funny thing is that as we've taught Daniel, his older sister has been in a lot of the lessons since the beginning. The problem we always had with her though, is that she was content listening and participating in lessons, but when we would invite her to read and pray, she wouldn't. Then, we got her to read a little in the Book of Mormon, but she still refused to pray for some reason. So we were always wondering about why she wouldn't pray and we kept teaching Daniel, and then suddenly everything changed, and she decided that she would pray, and that she would come to church with us, so she even showed up to church without us coming to pick her up, so now she's progressing more than her brother! The goal now is to baptize them both once they're ready so that they can have support from each other.

But things here really are good. I'm happy in spite of the difficulties. Sometimes I feel pretty lonely, but sadness is temporary, and I really am happy most of the time. I love you guys, and I'm so grateful for your prayers and your love, and the trust that I have in you. 

I hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment