Monday, January 15, 2018

January 15, 2018 - Week 76

Hey Mom! I hope your week was great! Mine was! We had 5 investigators in church yesterday, which is the most we've ever had here in Canastica! Honestly, the trick is just to get 3x the amount of people that you want to come to promise that they'll come. So in the morning, we go and 10 of them either aren't awake, aren't home, or aren't willing to come, but we got five!!! So that's good. The bad news is that we're going to have to postpone Daniel's baptism a little more because we think that he needs to be able to come to church on his own a few times to show that he has the desire to, and that he'll be able to when we're not here anymore. 

We were able to watch the last part of President Monson's Funeral. We didn't see the whole thing because they were broadcasting it to the stake center, but the gua gua that goes from our house to there took an hour to pass by even though they usually pass by at least every 15 minutes. So that was too bad. I'm super excited about the broadcast tomorrow with President Nelson!

But yeah, this week was pretty normal. We found some new investigators. We've had to drop some others that weren't progressing. I'm trying to work really hard in these next couple weeks so that the next Elder that replaces me has a lot of people progressing here. I'll probably be going on to my next area in two weeks. Things are great though! Life is good, and I'm happy! One of my favorite quotes from President Monson is that the future is as bright as our faith. That is so true. The world can fall down around us "and we know it will in the last days" But we can have peace that only the gospel offers. 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

--
Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment