Monday, December 12, 2016

Welcome to Neyba York

Hey everyone! This week has been nuts, but it´s been good. It´s always kind of tough to transition to a new area, new branch, new comp, new house, but this place is pretty awesome! The assignment as Branch Secretary kind of came as a surprise since I´m so new, but I think that I´m starting to get the hang of it. The toughest thing is that my comp explains everything that I need to do in Spanish and so I do it the best I can and pray that I understood everything as well as I thought I did! Oh, by the way, we had to transfer my membership to this branch so that I could receive a calling here, so yeah!

Neyba is awesome though! The members are great, and even though it´s super hot all the time, it´s a nice, chill pueblo. The highlight of my week though was the temple trip. And since we´re a part of the branch presidency, we got to go with the branch! The gua-gua ride was more than uncomfortable because it was filled to the brim, and after 4 and a half hours, it was nice to be back at the temple block. It was amazing to be able to sleep in one of the rooms there. Air conditioning, no mosquitoes, CARPET. Wow I miss carpet. Also, the temple was incredible as always. I got to be a witness for baptisms which was pretty cool!

 I really love the Light the World campaign that the church is doing. (Here, it´s IluminaElMundo) and The video gives me chills every time that I watch it. 


The new assignment is definitely a challenge, but I wouldn´t want anything less than a challenge! I think one of the hardest things will be feeling like I´m not doing as much missionary work because

I´m trying to help support a branch at the same time, but I know that this is where I´m supposed to be, and I´m going to magnify this calling the best that I can. 

That´s about it as far as my week goes though. Learning peoples names. Trying to speak Spanish. Everything´s all good! 


I´m so pumped for Christmas, and I can´t believe it´s only 2 weeks away! Every time I remember it´s December I just laugh, because there is no way it´s December in this heat. Haha, but that´s about it! Life rocks!
Love, Elder Anderson


A few pictures from San Juan:








No comments:

Post a Comment