Monday, May 21, 2018

May 21, 2018 ~ Week 94

Hey Guys, how's it going? Sounds like school is winding down now. Is everyone pretty excited for summer vacation? I'm so excited for the weather to warm up... Just kidding. Haha, it's been way too hot recently. Lol. When is the last day of school for everyone?

This week was good! We baptized Dorianni! She's 9 years old and her parents were kind of less active, but her grandparents are active, so her mom started coming a lot more frequently and her dad came to her baptism! So that's good.

Probably the coolest experience of the week was on Sunday. Jefry passed the sacrament to the congregation, and it was just really cool to see one of my converts using the priesthood to help others. It was really rewarding and it made me reflect on the people who encouraged me in my life to make sacred covenants and to righteously excercise the priesthood (Mostly my parents, but also friends, and ward leaders) And I'm so grateful for that. Really the only way that I can pay that back is to pass it on. 

I had great parents, so to pay you guys back, I have to strive to be a good, loving parent, I've had great ward leaders, so I need to be willing to minister to the needs of others. That's really what our relationship is like with our Heavenly Father. We'll never be able to pay him back for his perfect love, or salvation, but he doesn't expect us to pay him back, he just expects us to be grateful, and keep the chain going by helping others and to strive for improvement. 

I love you guys, and I hope you have a great week!
Oh, and Steven and Miguelángel are getting baptized on Saturday!


--
Love, Elder Anderson








Oh! And I was wondering if when I get home you would be okay with making pork barbequoa with cilantro lime rice. That sounds sooooo delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment