Monday, March 6, 2017

Every Day is a Surprise

Dear Mom,

 First of all, I am so glad to hear about the results of everything back home, it sounds like everyone did really well in all of their various activities, and I'm so happy to hear about everyone's success!

As far as my week, it was good! We're finishing up teaching Joanna right now, so we'll have her baptism on Saturday! We're also working with a few news that we have right now, and I think this week, we're probably going to have to do a bit of an investigator purge, and weed out those who aren't progressing at all. Now that I´ve seen the beginning to baptism process of a few converts, I want to start working more efficiently with those who actually have the desire to learn and progress. A problem that we run into a lot is people here prefer to let you into their house and "listen" to your message than to refuse us altogether. So sometimes, it's hard not to waste your time with some people.

Well, one surprise that we ran into this week was the following: We were at the chapel Saturday morning, reviewing the calendar for March, and we were about to leave for an appointment we had with the Mother of a member of the branch. We had taught this lady once before, and she's pretty old, and blind, but we were planning on bringing the Book of Mormon on audio disc, so that she could listen to it. Well, the appointment was at 11:30, and just as we were about to leave, we got a call from one of her neighbors telling us that she had died. So that was definitely the saddest way I've had one of my appointments fall through. 

That was the sad part of our week, but the rest of it was actually really good. I feel good about the work that we did, and I can't wait to continue working with the branch, and the investigators that we have here!

To answer your question mom, we got one new elder in our house this transfer. His name is Elder Tuddenham, and not a single person here can pronounce his name even close to what it is. He's A cool guy, and he's from Utah as well (from Wasatch). Also, in our district we got an Elder from my MTC group. Elder Mayhew. He was one of my good friends from the MTC, so I'm really pumped to have him here with us!

But that´s about it for my week! It had some ups and downs, but things always have a way of evening out on the upside! I love it here in Neyba, which is too bad, because I don´t know how I´m gonna get a better area after this one! Haha, love you, and I hope everyone has an incredible semana!

--
Love, Élder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment